Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Philadelphia, PA: RevZilla Headquarters

revzilla
Monday afternoon inside the corporate headquarters of RevZilla.com, the fastest growing online retailer of motorcycle gear, is said to be a rather busy day of the week.

But when Sash and I visited earlier this week, all appeared to be calm, cool, and collected.  Is this just the way the folks at RevZilla handle pressure?  Or was it because RoadPickle was in the house?

Whatever it was, we couldn't have felt any more welcomed.

Our visit largely came about because Sash had developed an online friendship with Rania, who was recently hired at RevZilla.  After meeting her in person during a group ride a week earlier, we wanted to come meet the organization that recently brought her into their ranks.

Pulling into the parking lot, the shrubs and trees still look as if they were recently planted, and the asphalt driveway still has that pristine appearance.  RevZilla's 52,000 square foot corporate headquarters were just barely moved into about five months ago after an amazingly fast five years of growth.  Now inside the quiet confines of the Naval Shipyard, in the south side of Philadelphia's downtown, RevZilla has the straight-away to really rev its engines.

Chris, who handles the company's social media, greeted us at the front entrance.

"I started when there was just a few employees", he said.  "I used to handle all the customer service, now we have a whole customer service department", he went on, pointing his finger towards the other end of the office.

The company actually operates a brick-n-mortar store at its corporate office, but it was closed today.

Inside the offices, the interior decor looks as modern, sleek, and techno as Ducati Diavel, but with some of the rough edges of a Triumph Thruxton.  It looks as if all the employees ride their bikes into work based on the number of bikes parked outside and the number of helmets and  jackets hanging up in the closet.  The office has a very wide-open, airy feel to it, like being in a co-working environment where young 20-somethings are eagerly building next great killer website idea.

Employees have the luxury of working out in the company-provided gym and eating lunch in their own cafeteria.

I was surprised when Ali walked out to greet us.

"I looked out the window and noticed Road Pickle was here", she said smiling.

"Wow" I thought to myself, someone at RevZilla actually recognized us.

She had just come out of shooting some product video and invited me to be a model for a new Alpine Stars jacket.  I couldn't resist.

"Yeah, absolutely", I said.

And so I found myself standing before a camera crew with lights all over me, and Anthony Bucci, one of RevZilla's founding partners, giving me directions on what to do.  I was rather impressed with how much detail he knew of the products his company sells.

The video won't be up on RevZilla until later this month.

Afterwards, we caught up with Rania and spent a few moments with her before we finally left.

All in all, Sash and I had a great time getting to know insides of one of motorcyclings best known retail brands.  RevZilla couldn't have been more professional and friendly at the same time.  You might want to try making a purchase with them.  I think you'll be impressed.

RevZilla.com
4020 S. 26th Street,
Philadelphia, PA 19112
(877) 792-9455
http://www.revzilla.com

Showroom hours:
http://www.revzilla.com/philadelphia-gear-boutique

revzilla
Highway, Chris, and Sash at RevZilla Headquarters, Philadelphia, PA
revzilla
Rania and Sash at RevZilla
revzilla
Inside the RevZilla Showroom Store
revzilla
More of the RevZilla Showroom Store
revzilla
Of the newspaper articles hanging on RevZilla's wall
revzilla
Sash taking a look at the insides of RevZilla
revzilla
RevZilla has bikes in their office as decorations
revzilla
RevZilla has a gym for its employees
revzilla
RevZilla employees all ride motorcycles
revzilla
The cafeteria inside RevZilla

3 comments:

  1. I wanna go visit them ASAP, need to talk to Rania. Great photos

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neat looking place...and a really cool looking couch. Sounds like you had fun. ~Curt

    ReplyDelete
  3. Revzilla has the best customer service and return policy on the planet. I had a problem with a Schuberth Bluetooth collar after more than 7 months of use. They sent me a new one instead if making me wait for warranty work from Schuberth. Great company, if they've got what I am looking for, they've got my business.

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © 2013 Too Much Tina All Rights Reserved